During the week of 22-29 April 2021, The Big Give will match every donation* made to HIEF via The Big Give website – meaning you can DOUBLE your impact for nature throughout the Scottish highlands & islands at no additional cost to you.
There are many incredible local heroes already working hard to protect and regenerate nature throughout the highlands & islands. Here are some examples of projects we have recently supported:
- Tom Rawson, GreenTweedEco – helping primary school children in the highlands re-connect with the wildlife on their doorstep
- John Aitchison, Argyll Coast & Islands Hope Spot – raising awareness of the fragile but fascinating marine life of Scotland’s first Hope Spot
- Alliance for Scotland’s Rainforest – championing the protection & regeneration of the rare but vital Scottish temperate rainforest
- Danny Renton, Seawilding – restoring native oyster beds to help purify the water whilst providing essential fish nurseries in Lochaline
We tap into our network of experts to identify the community-led projects that will deliver the greatest gains for nature, then we provide the rocket fuel they need to supercharge their work.
Our aim is to inspire as many people and businesses as possible who share our passion for the highlands & islands to give back to nature by making donations so we can support many more incredible nature regeneration projects and enable them to scale their vital work.
However, the demand for grants to protect and restore nature in the highlands & islands greatly outweighs the funding currently available.
Could you help us?
You can find out more about HIEF’s ‘The Big Give’ campaign here, and make ONE donation with TWICE the impact between midday Thursday 22nd April and midday Thursday 29th April 2021 (via card payment) using this link.
On behalf of HIEF and all our project partners, thank you, we are very grateful for your support!
* Our target is to raise £10,000 between 22-29 April to access our full Green Match Fund pot of £10,000, generating £20,000 to support more innovative projects.